The name and address of the registered provider is Haslemere Health Centre, Church Lane, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 2BQ. Telephone 01428 748206.
Registered Manager: Dr Philip Ridsdill Smith
Practice Manger: Stephanie Ashdown
Haslemere Health Centre is a Partnership. There are 5 partners.
Dr Marcus Panchaud
Dr Melanie Cant
Dr Philip Ridsdill Smith
Dr Nolan Geeves
Dr Alex Higham
The surgery is located in the grounds of Haslemere Hospital with onsite parking. The practice is a short walk from Haslemere town centre and amenities.
Haslemere Health Centre is a training practice in which we train qualified doctors to become GPs.
The practice share the premises with the community services team i.e. district nursing, health visiting and midwifery.
The premises also house a 100 hour pharmacy.
The members of the practice team are committed to providing the best possible services. This will be achieved by working together. We endeavour to treat all our patients with dignity, respect and honesty. Everyone at Haslemere Health Centre is committed to delivering an excellent service.
- We will ensure that our surgery is clean, comfortable and readily accessible to all patients.
- We will offer a range of appointment times to suit the need of the local population. Our appointments can be booked up to five weeks in advance. To book/cancel an appointment you can call 01428 748 206 during opening hours, or book online at any time using the NHS App https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-app/
- Patients with non-urgent problems will be offered an appointment with their usual doctor as soon as possible. Patients with urgent problems will be advised by a doctor or, if appropriate, seen by a doctor, nurse practitioner or other healthcare professional on the same day where possible.
- On the majority of occasions patients will be seen promptly. Please remember that there may be times when the doctor has to leave to attend an emergency or has to give additional time to a patient in surgery. If this happens an explanation will be available from reception.
- We have experienced practice nurses and healthcare assistants who hold surgeries in the mornings and afternoons. They can help patients with immunisations, travel advice, blood pressure clinics, removal of stitches, dressings and other referrals which your doctor may arrange.
- If the doctor you wish to see is not available you will be able to see another doctor.
- Referrals to other agencies, specialist medical or other services will be dealt with quickly and efficiently. Normally any routine written referral will be sent off within 5 working days.
- You can expect a full explanation of your condition and information and advice on the options available to you.
- We will return reports for non-medical bodies (solicitors, insurance companies, etc) within 4 working weeks of receipt, unless greater urgency is stressed. Our medical work takes priority.
We provide all general medical services, with specific clinics for patients with long term conditions such as asthma, chronic lung disease, heart disease and diabetes.
We provide maternity services and child health surveillance.
We run minor ailments clinics.
When You Visit the Surgery
You will be treated as an individual, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Please treat receptionists and staff in a similar way. A patients need for privacy will be respected at all times.
If requested, we will provide an area set aside for confidential conversations between patients and reception staff.
If the primary health care team member you consult would like a medical student to attend the consultation you have the chance to agree or refuse before the consultation begins.
Help Us to Help You
Please read our practice booklet for a fuller explanation of how to book an appointment, telephone for a visit or order repeat prescriptions. You will also find this information on our website: www.haslemerehc.co.uk
Please do everything you can to keep appointments
If you are unable to keep your appointment please make a point of cancelling it
Please remember to tell us if you change your name, address, email address or telephone number
Please do not call out of hours except in cases of real emergency
If you are dissatisfied with any of the services at the surgery please contact the Practice Manager in the first instance”